Wednesday, October 2, 2013

30 Weeks Pregnant and Braxton Hicks

I  did a really, really dumb thing this weekend.

My daughter had her annual cheer leading performance at the fair Sunday.  So, like I have in years past, we went early so she could ride until her heart was content, perform, and leave.  We arrived at the fair a little before 11am and had to wait an hour for the rides to start.  I thought everything opened at 10am. Ha.  So, both kids rode rides and then her performance was at 2pm.  We then left the fair, ran to the grocery store for some "had to have" items, and got home around 5pm that afternoon.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Monday I started having these cramps, similar to menstrual cramps, along with a lot of tightness in my tummy.  Now I had felt this a couple of times last week and didn't think much about it.  Monday was pretty rough so I decided to Google 30 weeks and cramps.  85% said the same thing: Braxton Hicks.

I had no clue.

These never occurred during my first 2 pregnancies.  I always thought Braxton Hicks were supposed to be like the real thing, just false labor.  Completely different feeling.  Several of the forums I read said you may want to go to Labor and Delivery or call your doctor asap.  It's Wednesday and I am still feeling them but honestly I'm not concerned yet.  I think I just over did myself and need time to relax (which I haven't done yet).  I think it's all up to you and whether or not you feel like you need to go.  If I get up and walk around then it gets better.  Some say, lay on your left side.  Let me tell you something.  I haven't been able to fully lay down now in about 2 weeks and I don't see that changing.  I have to lay propped up, tilt the belly to the left, left leg laid to the side, right leg bent and up.  Very lady like.  But it's the only way I can rest and be able to get up the next day and actually be able to walk.  It sucks.

I have my next appointment on the 15th, and I'm hoping I can go until then without having to call the OB.  I am honestly so scared they will put me on bed rest that I don't want to call.  I really think bed rest might physically kill me.

I would love to hear if anyone else has been through the Braxton Hicks and your experience.  I'll update as soon as I can.

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment