Monday, May 20, 2013

Follow Up Ultrasound 10 Weeks

While I was secretly hoping there was a mistake and I was still caring twins, this was not the case.  However, it was still good news.  Baby #1 is growing right on track!  The arms and legs are even starting to develop!  It was an amazing moment, the one I have been waiting for.  Hearing that heartbeat, seeing the baby move around and discovering just how much growing has taken place over the past couple of weeks. 

Baby #2 has absorbed just as they predicted.  You can see just a tiny fleck in the 2nd sac that is still present.  The sac will more than likely stick around through out the pregnancy, although it shouldn't get any larger.  This is part of the reason I look so much bigger than 11 weeks.

11 WEEKS!!

Almost out of this dreaded 1st Trimester business.  I'm hoping to enjoy the 2nd trimester.  Typically the energy starts picking back up, you feel more of a safety zone, and you get to find out the gender!  Now that's something I'm really excited for.  I can't wait to start planning everything.  I already have colors picked out for a boy and for a girl.  No specific theme this time though.  Just simple.

Another good bit of news, the OB told me I can gradually start increasing my activity as long as I feel okay.  I go back in 3 weeks for a follow up and then I can go to regular monthly visits from there.  I already feel like such a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders.  I know that I am going to have to be more cautious this entire pregnancy but,  I believe God has this and will not bring me to anything that He cannot bring me through.  It's still hard not to think about what might have been with twins, but I keep trying to focus on the good and the fact that I have a healthy baby growing in my tummy right now.  We got this!

Look for more updates to come!  Thank you all for your continued prayers!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment